Seasonal changes can have a significant impact on health. We all know about Illnesses that may be caused by a cold, wet winter or a hot, dry summer. One should always be aware of the seasonal changes and the adverse effects that exposure to extreme elements could have on your health. For example; during cold and wet climatic conditions, those with a phlegmatic temperament should take special care to ensure that optimum body heat is maintained. Similarly, a bilious person should avoid too much exposure to summer heat.
Furthermore, our health is influenced by the quality of air we breathe, as well as the manner in which we breathe. Tibb highly recommends various breathing exercises to assist you in breathing properly. The benefits of breathing well and properly are listed below:
- It neutralizes excess heat, and helps maintain an ideal body temperature;
- It regulates the heartbeat;
- It strengthens the nerves and settles the emotions;
- It helps with body-mind integration;
- It cleanses the body of wastes, especially carbon dioxide;
- It increases metabolism;
- It helps with blood circulation to the deeper tissues and capillaries;
- It rejuvenates the cells.